System roles needed: System Admin
- Click on your name in the upper left corner and select System Admin to access the Admin console.
- Click meeting_room Rooms in the left sidebar.
- There will be an + plus icon for each venue and room group. Click a + plus icon by a venue or group to add a room in that venue/group.
- In the Create Room slider:
- Add the name of the room (required).
- Select a revenue stream from the dropdown.
If a rental revenue stream has been added to your account, this field is required. If there are no rental revenue streams on your account this field will not appear. To add revenue streams see Manage Revenue Streams.
- The venue dropdown will default to whichever venue you clicked the + add icon for. You can select a different venue, if needed (required).
- If you would like to organize the spaces in your venue, you may assign them to a group. Type the name of your group (e.g. "Meeting Rooms" or "First Level"). If the group exists, it will appear in a dropdown for you to select. If it does not exist, you will be given the option to create it.
Note: If you clicked the + add icon for a group, this field will default to that group.
- Enter the capacity of the room. Because a room's capacity may vary based on setup, we recommend entering the maximum "fire marshal" capacity of the room.
- Enter the area. This is the area of the room in square feet or meters. Your venue may want to charge rental rates based on the size of the room or incorporate this into reports.
- Enter an item code. For example, your staff may need to include item codes on your rooms to comply with financial regulations or for other tracking or reporting purposes.
- Is this room a combination of smaller bookable spaces? If so, check Combo Room. The Sub-rooms field will appear, allowing you to select the rooms that are a part of this combo.
- You can search for and select sub-rooms, or
- Create a new sub-room by clicking the + plus icon. The Create Sub-Room slider opens, where you can add the sub-room's information and save.
- When you're done entering the room's information, click Save and Add Another.
Save and Add Another allows you to add a series of similar rooms without having to re-enter all the information. When you don't have any additional rooms to add, click Cancel to close the slider.
If you have calendar or event list saved views, you will need to add the new rooms to your views. See Event Calendar Filter Options for instructions.