If a client has outstanding deposits with unallocated funds, you can issue a refund to reach a zero balance. This tutorial will walk you through how to add and manage refunds in the invoicing premium feature.
Note: This article assumes that your company has subscribed to the invoicing premium feature and you have the proper permissions to view and edit invoices.
Open the Refunds Tab
- Navigate to the client's invoicing page.
- Click Refunds.
Create a New Refund
- There are two ways to create a new refund:
- If a client has never been issued a refund, you can click Create a refund on the Refunds tab.
- Click the green box with a white down-arrow next to New Invoice, then click New Refund.
- Set the date on which you would like the refund to be recorded. Optionally, you can also add a reference or note to the refund.
- Check the boxes next to the deposits with unallocated funds you wish to refund. The checkbox icon at the top of this column will quickly select/deselect all the deposits.
- Click Save.
Edit a Refund
- Click Edit to the right side of the refund's information.
- You can now edit the reference, note or date of the refund.
Note: you cannot edit the deposits included in a refund once the refund is created. If an adjustment needs to be made to the refund's amount, you must delete the refund and create a new one.
Delete a Refund
- Check the box next to the refund you would like to delete. The checkbox icon at the top of this column will quickly select/deselect all the refunds.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Preview a Refund
- Click the down arrow next to the Edit button for the refund.
- Click Preview..
EB Classic will generate a preview of your refund.