Space usage tracks the specific purpose for which a booked space is being used, such as load in, event, dark day, or load out. The usage is a higher-level designation that allows you to divide the event, without getting as granular as the function schedule.
Space usages can show on the calendar, allowing your ops team to know when the public will be in the building or your booker to see which holds are target dates. They can also be used in contracts to show in and out dates which are separate from the event start and end dates in Momentus Elite.
Space usages can also be used in reporting. For calculating space utilization, they are used to filter out event days from load-in days. Since usages can be user defined, system admins can customize space usages to meet your account-specific usage designations: Rehearsal, Artist Use, Building Tour, etc.
Space usages can be applied:
- When you create an event or series:
- When you edit the booked spaces on an event using the Edit Spaces slider.
- On the calendar, open the event's summary slider, go to the Spaces tab, and click the edit pencil icon.
- On the event details page, go to Booking Spaces, and click the edit pencil icon.
- When you add spaces to an event on the event details page using the Book Spaces slider. Click the + plus icon on the Booking Spaces tab.
- When you edit a single booked space on the event details page using the Edit Booked Space slider. On the Booking Spaces tab, click the booked space you wish to edit. For more information, please see Edit a Single Booked Space on an Event article.
If you tend to book events that have a particular usage, you can set that to be your default space usage. For more information, please see Set a Default Space Usage.