The Manage Day slider is designed to allow bookers who work with stacked holds to manage holds a day at a time. It allows bookers to more easily manage their calendar and ensure that all events are updated properly. On this slider you can:
- Manage holds across events on a specific day and in a specific room
- Release other holds on a day and in a room after confirming a hold
- Promote all subordinate holds on a day and in a room after releasing a hold
In this article:
- About the Manage Day Slider
- Actions in the Manage Day Slider
- Using the Manage Day Slider
- Manage Day Save Options
About the Manage Day Slider
The slider is accessed from the month or grid calendar.
- On the month calendar, click the date of the day you wish to manage.
- On the grid calendar, click the date in the header row.
On the slider, there will be a card for each room booked on that day. Each room's card contains all booked spaces in that room on that day at the same or an overlapping time. The booked spaces are listed in hold rank order. If there are any prospects are on that day, a chip in the header will note that.
For each booked space you will see the:
- Event name
- If the event has additional booked spaces in any room, a chip will appear with the number of additional spaces. In addition, the event name is a link which will open the event's booked spaces page in a new tab. This allows you to view the full context of the event.
- The room is listed in the card header, but it is also listed here in case the main room is a combo and this booked space is a member room.
- Event start and end dates
- Booked space time
- Booked space usage
- We recommend assigning usages to each hold as you book: target dates, load-in dates, event dates, and so on.
- An Action button (more about that later!)
- The booked space status
- In addition to showing you the current booked space status, this chip allows you to change the booked space status and view conflicts.
- An X to release a booked space/hold
At the top of the slider, the date navigation allows you to page to the next or previous date or the beginning of the next or previous month, or choose a different date via the date picker (click the date). Be sure to save any changes before going to another date! (We'll prompt you if you forget.)
Actions in the Manage Day Slider
You can use the Manage Day slider to update your holds manually: click a booked space's status chip to confirm it or change its hold rank, click the X by a booked space to release the hold, and so on. There are also three actions which will do in one click what would normally take many more. These actions are Confirm and release holds, Release and promote holds, and Promote holds.
The Confirm and release holds action will:
- On the booked space you selected, change the status to definite.
- Release all other booked spaces in that room on that day.
The Release and promote holds action will:
- Release (remove) the booked space you selected.
- The remaining booked spaces will have their hold ranks updated to fill the gap left by the released booked space. If you release a booked space that isn't at the top of the list, only booked spaces below it will be promoted.
The Promote holds action will:
- Update the hold rank of the booked space you selected to next in line after the booked space located above it.
- The booked spaces located below the one you selected will have their hold ranks updated as well.
Using the Manage Day Slider
When would you use the Manage Day slider?
- To confirm or release holds for a particular event and then promote or release other holds on those days accordingly. This slider will allow you to update all the events on a day without having to go to each event.
- To view existing or potential conflicts, answering the question "What is this event conflicting with?" It is especially useful if your calendar is showing multiple rooms or venues, as the slider groups booked spaces by room.
- If you have a double booking or holds promotion report that shows you that a particular date needs to be updated. This slider allows you to see the information similar to what is in your report and make those updates.
Let's get started!
- On the month or grid calendar, go to the first day you wish to manage. Click the date to open the Manage Day slider.
- If you are working with a specific event, click the event name to open its Booking page in another tab. Use this page as reference as you work through the event's booked spaces/holds.
If you are working with a multi-day event such as Disney on Ice or a touring Broadway show you may wish to go ahead and confirm all the dates you need on the event's Booking page to ensure you have those correct. Do not remove the spaces you don't need; leave them as tentative for now so they still appear on the Booking page and can be referenced. You'll release them in the Manage Day slider. The Edit Spaces slider (edit click the pencil icon) will allow you to only confirm certain booked spaces.
- Before you take any action, note any information about the other booked spaces/holds on that date which you may need to take into account:
- Is there a chip by the event name noting other holds for an event? If this is the only hold for an event and you release it, is it okay that this event will not be at your building?
- Note the usage on the other holds. Is this date a target date for another event?
We recommend adding a Target Date usage to a booked space to mark dates where a promoter only has one option for routing or if a local group needs a particular day or days, such as the local dance school's annual Nutcracker performance.
- Take any needed actions in this room on this day via the action chip, or use the status chip and X to manually update holds. See the Actions section above for more information about each action.
- Confirm a hold and release all others
- Release a hold and promote the holds below it
- Promote holds to close any gaps in hold ranks
- If any conflicts are shown, resolve them as needed. See Conflict Checking for more information about conflict warnings.
If you have promoted a hold in a way which jumps the queue, you will not receive a warning in this slider.
- Click Save. This will both save your work and reorder the holds into hold rank order if needed.
Depending on the actions you've taken, the Manage Day Save Options slider may appear. See the following section for more information.
- If you need to manage holds in other rooms on this day, find that room's card in the slider and manage the holds as you did above. Once you've managed all the holds on this day, continue to the next step.
- Refer to the event's Bookings page (if needed) for the next day to manage, whether it is another day to confirm the event's hold and release holds on other events, or a day where you release a hold on this event and promote holds on other events. Use the navigation at the top of the slider to go to those days:
- Click the chevron_left chevron_right single arrows to go to the previous or next day.
- Click the first_page last_page outer arrows to go to the beginning of the previous or next month.
- Click the date in the middle to open the date picker and select a date.
- Work through all days of your event until all booked spaces have either been confirmed or released and all other holds on those days have been either released or promoted.
- Once you have completed all updates, click Save and Close.
Manage Day Save Options
Depending on the actions you took in the Manage Day slider, you may have additional steps to take when you save your work:
- When you have released the last hold on an event, you will need to either cancel the event or mark it as lost.
- When an event with hidden details is confirmed, you will have the opportunity to un-hide the details, allowing other staff to view the event title and other details (as their permissions allow).
You may see both options, only one, or the Manage Day Save Options slider may not appear at all.
In the Manage Day Save Options slider:
- Mark events as lost or canceled.
- Un-hide event details on confirmed events if needed.
- Uncheck the box beside the event.
- If you have multiple events, you can update them all at once:
- Click the edit_square pencil in the header.
- In the pop up, Hide Event Details will not be checked. Click Fill to uncheck the setting on all events listed.
- Click Save.