Permissions needed: Inventory & Prices > Edit
To move an inventory item to a different category:
- Click your name in the upper-left corner.
- Click Inventory & Prices.
- Click the current category of the item you want to move.
- Click the item you want to move to open the Edit Item slider.
- Select the category you want to move the item to.
- If you are moving an item to a category with different unit types (event services to F&B, labor to event services, etc.), you will be required to choose a new unit.
- Click Save.
Your item has been removed from the original category...
...and moved to the new category.
Some additional notes about moving items:
- You can move items from inactive categories to active ones, but not the other way around.
- When you move an item, the change will also be reflected in the price schedule.
- Cost, price, additional taxes, and GL code override information for the item is retained and does not need to be updated.
- The revenue stream is stamped on the item when it is added to the event You can update the revenue stream for an item by removing it from the event then re-adding it.