Setting stock levels for your inventory items allows you to get real-time stock alerts when you add or edit items on events. A few notes about these alerts:
- Stock alerts are intended for non-consumable items, equipment like chairs, tables, and projectors, not items like bottles of water or other food and beverages.
- Alerts will only display for items that have stock levels set in Inventory & Prices. For step-by-step instructions for adding stock levels, please see Edit Inventory Items.
- If an item's quantity is set automatically using a function's guaranteed attendance, it will not be counted against the stock level.
- Available stock levels are calculated by whole days. Event and function times do not affect this feature.
- Stock levels are calculated across all events on that day.
If you try to add more of an item than is available for that day, a warning will display.
If you ignore the warning, a stock alert will pop up to make sure you noticed the overallocation.
If an item is overallocated, a stock alert will display when:
- More of that item is added to the day(s) it is overallocated.
- Editing the item within the day(s) it is overallocated.
You can remove the stock alerts by either decreasing the quantities on the functions and/or event-wide details that are using it or increasing the stock level in Inventory & Pricing.
You can also see your overallocated items by running an Insights report or having a dashboard set display them.