Additional update information:
Scroll to the bottom to see a demo of these features in the preview webinar!
Exhibitor Store Enhancements
The online Exhibitor Store has gotten a whole new look and feel! We've also added some in-app enhancements.
Updates to the Online Exhibitor Store:
The online store has a completely new UI:
- Items are organized by department and category.
- Exhibitors can search for items.
- Photos can be added for items. In Inventory & Pricing, edit an item to upload a photo. If individual items do not need a specific photo, upload a photo to a category and the category photo will display for any items without a photo.
- Item photos are not required; if you do not add any photos to items or categories in the exhibition's price schedule, the online store layout will adjust so it doesn't look like they are missing.
- At checkout the exhibitor can specify an on-site contact.
- Booth number can be required for online orders.
- Time-bound items will now display the time quantity and unit. Exhibitors can update the time quantity as needed.
- Store-wide instructions can be added to an exhibition.
- Category instructions can be added in Inventory & Pricing. These will display on all exhibitions using that category.
There is also a new notification for Exhibitor Order Created which will alert you to when an online order has been placed.
Updates to the Exhibitors tab in VenueOps:
- Attachments can be uploaded to orders.
- The notes field on items can be edited.
- The Store Order ID will display on the order details slider as well as in the order list.
- The exhibitor list can now be sorted by name or booth number.
- The order list can now be sorted by order number, store order ID, exhibitor, booth number, and ordered on date.
- An Attachment column has been added to the order list.
See the Exhibitor store updates chapter in the preview video below to see a demo of all the updates!
New Contact Fields
We have added three new fields to contacts: Salutation, First Name, and Last Name. The new fields can be used in document templates, allowing you to address your clients appropriately. You can also add them to contact list exports to create mailing lists.
- System Admins can create a list of salutations in System Admin > Misc. Other users can then select a salutation on the contact.
- Contacts now have first name and last name fields. These fields are optional and are in addition to the existing full name field. The full name field is required on all contacts.
- When contacts are created, we will fill the first and last name fields from what is entered in the full name field. After much discussion, we decided to fill the first name field and then all text after the first space will be filled in the last name field. Depending on the contact's name, you may have to update those fields.
- Contact Client Success to request updates to your templates. Please include the template name, the fields to add, and where to add them. If you are able to include an example or a screenshot, that would be helpful! Because of the number of requests we anticipate, please allow four to six weeks for the updates to be completed. While you wait, please begin updating your contacts' name fields so we can test the updates we make to your templates.
Contacts can now be tagged. This will allow you to assign contact properties that are on the contact (as opposed to the contact role, which is specific to an event). We will also log when a contact tag is added or removed, allowing you to track consent related to data privacy.
Tags are created in the new Tags tab on the Contacts page.
- Contacts can be tagged as they are created. To tag an existing contact, click the pencil by General Information on the contact's details page.
- When you tag a client, the tag added, date/time tagged, and who tagged the contact are recorded in a new contact activity log. The log is accessed via the more_vert more info menu in the upper-right corner of the contact details page. Contact tag additions/removals are logged to specifically track when a client gives consent to be emailed or other logging needed for data privacy.
- Tags will display in the contact list. The contact list can also be filtered by tag.
- Contact tags will display by the contact on the event details page, summary slider, and when booking events.
In addition to account and contact tags, VenueOps now has event tags. Event tags allow you to assign properties or attributes to an event which are not handled by the specific event type, genre, or business classification fields. Tags can also be used to track additional workflow steps which are not covered by event, contract, or function status. Event tags are available in reports and dashboards, giving you additional reporting metrics.
Tags are created in the new Tags tab on the Events page.
- Events can be tagged as they are created. To tag an existing event, see Tag an Event.
- Tags will display in the event list. The event list can also be filtered by tag.
- Tags can also be displayed on the calendar. In the display options, select the tags you would like to show. The calendar can also be filtered by event tag.
- Login cookies will now expire after 8 hours rather than 30 days. Users can expect to log in each day after this release.
- When logging in or resetting your password, we will validate and show warnings on the password page rather than the email page. This will make the application more secure from brute force attacks. If a new user logging in for the first time is not routed to the "set password" page, please check that the email they entered matches the email address on their user account.
- We have added an idle timeout feature for venues with specific security requirements. Most venues will not use this feature.
- You can once again add additional dates or spaces to an event from the calendar. Select the dates/rooms and click the new Add to Event button. See Add More Dates or Rooms to an Event for step-by-step instructions.
- Definite and tentative events can now be reverted to a prospect. On either the summary slider or event details page, click the more_vert more info menu and select Change Status to 'Prospect'. You can also copy an event to a prospect status.
- You can now create a series of prospects. In the Create Series slider, check the Prospect checkbox.
- The Prospect checkbox will now be checked by default (and cannot be unchecked) for users who can only book prospects.
- You can now add account tags when you create an account from the Accounts list.
- VenueOps now supports Momentus Payments as an additional payment gateway.
- To improve the German translation, we made two separate labels for "Net" on the event details page Financials > Summary and Financials > Details > Charges. Other languages should not notice a change.
- On the Contacts list, the Reports To link went to the contact rather than the Reports To contact.
- If a function type is set to show on calendar by default, the setting was not checked if the function was created by clicking Create Function in the placeholder on the Detailing tab.
- When editing rental rates, all rate type options were not displaying when using the Fill Column feature.
- Locked packages could be edited on the function details slider > Packages tab.
- Changing the booked space status triggered the "rental rates outdated" warning.
- On invoice schedules in certain scenarios, incorrect tax was being calculated. We have updated how Remaining installment types are calculated to address this issue.
- Event Summaries created as a Word document were not downloading correctly from the Summaries page.
- When editing rental rates, the Update All button was not appearing when filtering was used to display less than 100 rates.
- In the past, converted events could have booked spaces with no hold rank. This caused issues when later editing the booked spaces. These booked spaces can now be edited without errors.
- The color picker for account tags did not display properly on mobile in portrait orientation.
- When booking an event, if you selected and then deselected Inquiry, but booked space status incremented to a Tentative 2 rather than a Tentative 1.