- To publish calendars: System Admin
- To access the iCal link: Edit Private Saved Views or Edit Shared Saved Views
You are able to view your Momentus Elite event and avails calendars in an external calendar application such as Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple Calendar via an iCal feed. You are also able to use this feed to share your calendar with people who are not Elite users. The iCal feed includes events 30 days in the past and up to one year in the future.
The event name, time, and rooms will display on the calendar. You may choose to share additional information as well - this will display in the event's description. Which information is shared is determined by the settings in the calendar view you are sharing. Create a Custom Calendar View for information about creating a custom calendar view.
The platform you use determines how often your calendar feed updates:
- It might take up to 24 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar. See Google Support.
- The Outlook desktop app generally will update when it checks email, and you can force it by clicking "send/receive." See Outlook Support.
- The Outlook webapp can take up to 24 hours to refresh any changes.
- Apple has settings where you can specify how often you want it to update. See Apple Support.
In this article:
Publish Your Calendar
- Select the view which you would like to share from the dropdown in the upper-left corner of your calendar. Please note that you cannot share your Default View - you will need to create a custom view (see Create a Custom Calendar View for instructions).
- Click the settings gear icon to open the View Settings slider.
- In the View Settings slider, toggle the publish switch. Only users with the System Admin role will be able to enable iCal publishing.
- Click Copy URL to clipboard. The feed URL will be saved to your clipboard and you may add it to your calendar application (see below for application-specific articles) or share it with other people.
Once a calendar is published, users with either the Edit Private Saved Views or the Edit Shared Saved Views permission will be able to copy the iCal URL.
- Now that iCal is enabled, the view will be flagged. You can click the iCal badge to copy the link as well (users with the Edit Private Saved Views permission will need to do this because they won't be able to open the settings slider for shared views).
Updating a Published View
If you would like to make changes to a published calendar, update the filtering or display options for the shared view and save the changes.
Disable Access to a Published View
If you need to remove access to a published calendar view for any of the users using that view, you will need to disable iCal for the view; the link will no longer be usable and external applications using that link will not update. To re-share the same view, enable it again - a new link will be generated.
To disable an iCal link:
- Select the view you want to disable. Click the settings gear icon to open the View Settings slider.
- In the View Settings slider, toggle Publish to off.
- Confirm that you want to disable the iCal feed for this view.