You are able to edit the rental rates on events. Rental rates cannot be edited if the rental rates have been billed and the invoice marked as sent or if the event is finalized.
- Date or time is changed.
- The booked space is changed to a different room.
- The event is moved.
- A booked space is removed.
- A booked space is added.
In this article:
Filter Rental Rates
If you only wish to edit certain rental rates, you can choose which ones appear in the slider by filtering them.
- Click the filter_list filter icon in the upper right.
- Select your filter criteria. You may filter by date, usage, room, or any combination of the filters.
If you filter on a room which is a member of a combo or if you filter on a combo, all related spaces will be included in the filter. Because of this, the number of rooms in the filter chip may not match your selection in the filter slider. Hover over the room filter chip to see a list of rooms included in the filter.
- Click Set to apply your filtering to the rental rates list.
- A chip for each filter will appear and only rental rates meeting your selected criteria will display.
- To remove a filter, click the X in its chip.
- To remove all filtering, click the red clear by the filter icon.
Edit Rental Rates
- If you've changed a booked space's date or room, those changes will not be reflected in your rental rates until you open the slider and save.
- If you've changed the room on a booked space, you will need to remove the old room's rate (click the X on the rate's row), save and close the slider, then reopen and add a rate for the new room.
- If a booked space with rental rates has been removed from the event, open the rental rates slider and then save and close to remove the rate as well.
To edit rental rates for an event:
- On the event details page, go to Booking Rental Rates.
- Click the edit pencil icon to open the Rental Rates slider.
- If you've changed the number of hours a room was booked for and would like that change reflected in the rental rates, click Update Quantities in the lower-right corner.
- If you've added additional rooms to the event, there will be a warning in the lower-right corner that there are rooms without rates. Click the + plus icon in the header row to add all the rooms with one click, or click the + plus icon by each row to add them individually.
- Before we get to the editing instructions, note that if you make changes to a rate that you don't want to save, click the undo undo arrow to restore the rate to view only with its original information. If all rates are in edit mode, there will be a red Undo All button in the header row. You will need to undo before you click Save!
- To edit a single rate or to edit one rate at a time:
- Click a row to switch it from view to edit mode. (The edit pencil icon is there to show it can be edited, but you can click anywhere on the row to begin editing.) When editing a rental rate, you can use the Tab key to move through its fields. If you Tab to the next rental rate, it will automatically switch to edit mode.
- Select a different rate type to change the rate you will be charging (weekday vs. weekend rate, daily vs. hourly rate, etc.).
For more information about rate types, please see Manage Rental Rates.
- Update the rate. The price will adjust accordingly.
- Update the quantity. The price will adjust accordingly.
- Update the price directly. The rate will adjust accordingly.
- Add a note for each specific space (e.g. if a meeting room includes a certain media setup, you can note it here).
- To edit multiple rental rates:
- To edit all the rates, click the edit all icon to change all visible rental rates to edit mode. If more than 100 rental rates are visible, the edit all icon won't display.
- To edit specific rates:
- Use the search field in the upper right to only display those rates. You can search by usage, rate type, rate, and note in addition to room and booked space description. This allows you to display just your load in days or only certain rooms (for example).
- Once multiple rates are in edit mode, click the library_add_check batch edit icon in the header by the column you wish to update.
- Select or add the value you wish to add to all the rental rates in edit mode and click Fill.
If you select a rate type, that rate type will only be applied to rooms which have that rate type in the price schedule. If a room does not have that same rate type in the price schedule, it will keep its original one.
- Click Save in the lower-left corner of the slider to save your changes and return those rates to view only mode. You'll want to do this before you update your search terms and do more bulk edits! Rental rates that have been switched to edit mode will always display, even if they don't match the search term.
- Once you are finished updating the rental rates, click Save & Close.