- To add a package to an event: Detailing Edit
- To override pricing: Override Item Prices
Packages are added on the event's details page Detailing tab. They can be added in several places:
- Go to the Packages tab and click the + button to open the Add Package slider.
- On the Functions tab, click on a function to open its details slider. There you can either:
- Go to the Packages tab and click the plus.
- On the Items and Instructions tab, click the plus by the package's department and select Add Package.
When you click the plus, you'll be prompted to add a price schedule if there isn't one on the event. Be sure to select a price schedule that contains the package you want to add.
In the Add Package slider:
- Select a package.
- Select a function to assign the package to. If you accessed the Add Package slider on a function, that function will already be selected.
If a package is not assigned to a function, you cannot invoice for it.
- Set the attendance for the package. Please note that this attendance field is for this package only, and is not tied to attendance anywhere else in the event.
- Select Override with Function GTD if you want to use the guaranteed attendance number from the function you selected above. The attendance for the package is updated automatically whenever the GTD attendance for the function changes.
- Edit the package description and client note as you wish.
- When you select a package, the components are displayed, and any default items and rooms appear. Select an item or room for the components you want to use and edit the component information as needed. Default values can be edited.
If you have entered rental rates on the Booking tab, the booked space will not be available in the package. You must remove the rental rate on the Booking tab before you can add the space in the package.
- After you select a room in a component, you must also select a booked space. This will create a corresponding rental rate for billing purposes.
- Booked spaces for the event that match the room you chose in the step above can be selected. A booked space can only be assigned one time for each package. A booked space that has already been assigned will not be listed; if a corresponding space is not available, No data available will display.
- Click Save when you are done. If it does not save, check to make sure you have not failed to select an item or room for a required component, and make sure all items have a quantity and unit count (if needed).
The package has been added to the event. The package will be listed on the Packages tab.
The items will be listed on the Items & Instructions tab with a package icon to show they are part of a package.
If the package is not assigned to a function, a warning warning icon appears next to the package and on the Packages tab.