- Inventory & Prices Edit to add the discount item to inventory
- Detailing Edit to add the discount item to the event
- Finances Edit Discounts to add the discount to the item
You are able to discount specific items on events, such as a rental discount or an F&B discount. To discount items, they'll first have to be added to the event (see Add Items to Functions for instructions about adding items) and discount types will have to have been created on your account.
- If service charges are set up on your account, they will always be applied to the discounted subtotal, not the subtotal.
- All discounts calculate from the item subtotal. You are not able to apply a discount and then add an additional discount which calculates from the subtotal discounted by the first one.
Once the items have been added:
- Go to the event's Financials Details tab and click the + plus by Discounts.
- In the Add Discount slider, select a discount type.
- Update the description and rate, if needed.
- Click Select Charges to Discount.
- In the Select Charges slider, select the charges you wish to discount. To make selecting certain charges easier, you may group the charges by date or department. Items will note their function (or event-wide details). Rental rates will note their usage.
- When you have selected all charges to discount, click Select.
Be careful! The discount will be applied to all the items you choose. If you choose a flat discount and then apply it to multiple items, each of those items will be discounted by that amount.
- When you have entered all information and selected charges, click Save.
The discount will be added.
It will be reflected in the item charges summary...
...as well as in the event totals on the Summary tab.