When you are detailing an event, it may be easier to build out one function and then copy the information to another function or to a new function. This can be especially useful in multi-day events where similar functions are happening from day to day.
This article describes copying details from function to function in the same event.
You will have the option to:
- Copy to a new function. This allows you to create a new function and copy the details to it in one step.
- Copy to an existing function. Use this option if you've already built out the event schedule.
Copy to a New Function
- Once your function is detailed, click the file_copy copy icon on the function's details slider.
- Select the departments of details you would like to copy. If a department is grayed in the dropdown list, there are no details of that type on the function.
- If attendance or staff assignments have been added to the original function, you have the option to copy those as well.
- Copy details to New Function is selected by default.
- Name the function.
- Select the room of the new function. If you select multiple rooms, a function will be created in each room.
Select the dates and times of the new function.
Note: if you choose a time outside the booked space time, you'll still be able to create the function, but it will display with a warning on the detailing tab.
- If the room is booked all day, the all day checkbox will be available, or you can uncheck the box and specify times.
- If the room is not booked all day, the times for which it is booked will be listed. You can click the times to auto-fill the start and end time fields, or type in a different start and end time.
Copy to an Existing Function
- In the function details slider, click the file_copy copy icon.
- Select the departments of details you would like to copy. If a department is grayed, there are no details of that type on the function.
- Select whether you would like to copy the attendance.
- Select whether you would like to copy the function staff assignments.
- Select Copy details to Existing Functions.
- Select the functions you would like to copy the details to. All functions will be listed, and you can search by function or room name to narrow your results.
- Click Save.
- The details will be copied to the functions you selected.