Permissions needed: Finances Edit Discounts
If service charges are set up on your account, they will always be applied the discounted amount, not the original amount.
- Go to the event's details page.
- Click Financials.
- Click the Details subtab.
- Click a discount to open its Edit Discount slider.
- In the slider, you can:
- Select a different Discount Type. If you do, the current description will be replaced with the name of the discount type. For more information, please see Manage Discount Types.
- Update the discount's description.
- Adjust the discounted amount:
- Percentage discount types will display the Rate field. This discount rate is applied to all selected charges.
- Flat discount types will display the Amount field. This exact amount will be discounted from every selected charge.
- Update which charges this discount is applied to.
- Click Select Charges to Discount.
- In the Select Charges slider, select the charges that should be discounted. You can group the event's charges by date or by department.
- Undiscounted charges included in sent invoices will not be listed. They aren't available to be discounted unless the invoice is marked as unsent.
- Discounted charges included in sent invoices will be listed, but they will display with a lock lock icon. They cannot be discounted or undiscounted unless the invoice is marked as unsent.
- Charges that are part of a package display with a package icon. Hover over it to see which package the item belongs to. You can discount one item or multiple items in a package.
- Click Select.
- When you are done editing the discount, click Save.