Permissions needed: Contracting Edit
This article will walk you through creating a contract for an event in Momentus Elite. The contract will be created from a custom document template. If you do not have any contract templates created, please contact us.
- Go to the event's details page.
- Click Contracting.
- Click the add add icon next to Contracts.
- In the Create Contract slider:
- Name the contract.
- Add a description. (Optional)
- Select a contract template from the dropdown.
- Select a file format (PDF or DocX) from the dropdown.
The file format option will only be available on documents being created with the Insights templating system. Insights documents in DocX format can be edited in the Elite editor while Insights PDFs cannot. Non-Insights templates always create documents as PDFs but those PDFs can be edited in the Elite editor.
- Select a contact for the contract from the dropdown. Only contacts attached to the event will be available.
- Click Save.
- Your contract has been created. If the event's contract status was No Proposal or Contract, Proposal Created, Proposal Sent, or Proposal Approved, it will be updated based on your account's business approval level setting.
- For more information about business approval levels, please see Set the Contract Approval Level.
- For more information about the contracting workflow, please see Workflow for Contracting or Workflow for Contract Approval.