- To create or edit a contract: Contracting Edit
- To approve: Contracting Edit Approve
In your venue, someone may be required to approve all contracts before they are sent to the client. Users with the System Admin role can set the business approval level for your account, allowing you to handle the approval process through Momentus Elite. For instructions, see Set the Contract Approval Level.
The contract approval permission can be given to a user to allow them to approve contracts in Elite. It can be incorporated into an existing role, or you could create a separate Contract Approval role with only this permission which is assigned to users who approve contracts.
- The Sales Manager creates the contract:
- On the event details > contracting tab, open the Create Contract slider by using the next step button or click the plus by Contracts. For step-by-step instructions, see Create a Contract.
- Once the contract is ready to go, click the Send Contract for Approval button. The contract you've sent will be marked with a green check.
- We recommend you add a task for the contract approver to let them know the contract is ready for review - just click yes in the prompt and the Create Task slider will open. For more ways the approver can manage contracts awaiting approval, see below.
- If you need to make any changes or clicked the button in error, click Revoke Approval Request to return the contract status to Waiting to Send for Approval.
- The contract approver reviews and then approves or rejects the contract:
- Go to the event's Contracting tab. Click Review Contract to open the Contract Approval slider.
- Click the picture_as_pdf PDF icon to open the contract in the PDF viewer or the edit pencil icon to open the contract in the rich text editor. In the editor, click Save when your edits are complete, or Cancel if you have no edits.
If you do not see the edit pencil icon, the contract was created as a PDF using the Insights template engine. These PDFs cannot be edited using the in-app editor.
- Once the contract is reviewed and edited as needed, approve or reject the contract (with or without comment) in the Contract Approval slider on the right. If you would like to return to this contract later, click the X on the slider to return to the event details page.
- A task will be created for the user who created the event, letting them know if the contract was approved or rejected. The task will also include the comments added by the approver.
- The submission/approval process may be repeated as many times as needed. Once the contract is approved, the person who sent the contract for approval will be able to send the contract to the client.
Manage Contracts Awaiting Approval
As a contract approver, you'll need to keep track of contracts which are awaiting your approval. We recommend (as noted above) that your staff create a task to "send" you the contract. If you turn on the Task Assigned to Me notification you'll get an email alerting you to the contract. The tasks will be listed for you on your tasks page.
You may also create a custom event list filtered by the contract status Contract Pending Approval. This would allow you to double check that all contracts have been processed. For more information, please see Create a Custom Event List/Report.
We also have the Contracts and Proposals Pipeline Dashboard to help you keep track of contracts and proposals that need review.