You are able to track everything that needs to be done or has been done as a part of the event life cycle via Tasks. You can:
- Schedule reminders to follow up with leads.
- Record sales notes.
- Track due dates for contracts, insurance, room layouts, menus, and other event information.
- Remind yourself to follow up with promoters about aging holds.
- Create a complete event checklist, from confirming details with the client to scheduling staff to finalizing the event afterwards.
The sky's the limit!
Check out our video overview of task management in Momentus Elite, as well!
The topics covered in this article are:
Permission to the Tasks page and to tasks are controlled by the settings on the user's role:
- To access the Tasks page, the user's role must have the Tasks permission.
- Users will be able to see all tasks that are not associated with events.
- Tasks associated with events can only be viewed by users with at least view permission to the event's venue.
- Users can have no access, view access, or edit access to the Templates tab.
Before you get started with tasks, you may wish to add task types to your account. If an account has task types, one will be required for each task. Tasks types can be used to filter task views, as well as track sales activity (such as Inquiry Call, Account Service, Prospecting, and Business Opportunity). For step-by-step instructions, please see Manage Task Types.
All tasks may be viewed on the Tasks page. The page defaults to incomplete tasks assigned to you. You are also able to filter your view to see complete tasks, only tasks of specific types, tasks assigned to others, tasks that you created, and more.
You may view tasks associated with a specific event, account, or contact on their details page. Tasks associated with events in a series can also be viewed on the series details page.
For more information on the tasks page:
To add a single task, click the + add icon on any of the task pages. You'll be able to enter a future to-do or log steps that you've already taken.
- For more information see Create a Task.
You may also create Task Templates. Task templates are groups of typical tasks that you can apply to an inquiry or event at any time - when you create it or later when the event is confirmed. Users who book events can choose a default template that will be applied whenever they create an event. Task templates can be created by users with the Edit Task Templates permission.
If you need to edit a task, simply click the task to open its details slider, then click the edit pencil icon to open the edit task slider.
- Step-by-step instructions are available at Edit a Task.
You may also update multiple tasks on any task page by clicking the mass edit icon. You'll then be able to complete, incomplete, and reassign multiple tasks easily.
- For more information see Mass Edit Tasks.
To complete a task, you may simply check the box in your task list. If you would like to add notes about the task, click the task to open its details slider and click Complete. You'll be able to add a result and also edit the completion date.
- Step by step instructions are available at Complete a Task.
You may also receive notifications about tasks that you've been assigned or that you have created:
- Task Assigned to Me: You will receive an email whenever someone creates a task and assigns it to you.
- My Task Completed: You will receive an email whenever a task is completed that was either assigned to you, or that you had created and assigned to someone else.
- My Task(s) Due: This email is a daily digest of your tasks due.
For more details and instructions on how to turn on notifications, see Task Notifications: Staying on Top of Your Tasks.