A task template is an enhanced checklist that can help you and your team keep track of what needs to be done to prepare for and wrap up events. You can assign tasks to single or multiple staff members, event staff assignments, or yourself, as well as create dependent tasks that only appear after a certain task is marked complete. For information about tasks, please see Task Management.
To create a task template:
- Click check_circle_outline Tasks.
- Click Templates.
- Click the + add icon.
- Type a name for the template.
- Enter the information for your template's task(s).
- Type a title for the task.
- Set a relative due date/time:
- Set the amount of time before or after the trigger you would like the task to be due. The amount can be in days, hours, and/or minutes. If hours/minutes are set, the task due time will be calculated based on the time in the trigger if the trigger has a time (such as the event start time or the announce date/time). If the trigger does not have a time (such as event finalized), the time will be set based on when the action is taken (such as when the Finalized button is clicked).
- Select the trigger upon which the task due date/time will be calculated.
- Set the task's type from the dropdown. If your account does not have task types added, you won't see this field.
- Add a default description. This can include any information needed to complete the task. A new slider will open where you will enter your description and click Save. Please note that the default description will be auto-populated into this task any time this task template is applied. It can be edited once applied to your event.
- Assign the task (optional).
- Click Unassigned.
- Select whether you'd like to assign this task to a staff member (must be an active Elite user) or an event staff assignment.
If the task is assigned to an event staff assignment, it will be assigned to the appropriate staff member once the event staff assignment is designated on the event. If the event staff assignment designation on the event is changed, the task will automatically be reassigned (as long as it has not been completed).
- In the drop down, select the staff member(s) or event staff assignment.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Task to add additional tasks to the template.
- Click the + add icon next to a task to add a dependent task. Dependent tasks are not created until the task they are dependent on is marked complete.
Dependent tasks will be marked as created by the user who completed the parent task. Users who have turned on the My Task Completed notification will receive a notification when those dependent tasks are completed.
- Click the X next to a task to remove it from the template. Be careful: all of its dependent tasks will be removed as well.
- If there is more than one task at a "level", you can sort them into a particular order. Sorting tasks into the order you would do them can help you more easily see if the task template is complete. This sorting only applies here on the Task Template page; on events, tasks are sorted by their due date.
Tasks cannot be moved to a different "level" in the dependent task hierarchy. Thus all parent tasks can be sorted and all of a task's dependent tasks can be sorted, but tasks that are dependent on different parent tasks cannot be sorted.
- Click the sort sort icon.
- Drag the tasks into the correct order.
- Click Save.
- When you have the template tasks set up as you would like, click Save.