As a system admin, you are able to add users and update their roles. An unlimited number of users is included in your Momentus Elite account.
If you are using Single Sign On (SSO):
- Make sure that:
- Your employee is set up in your identity provider.
- The user's email in Elite is the same as the one in your identity provider. User account emails must match in order to use SSO.
- You are able to add guest users who are not a part of your identity provider directory. These users will log in and create a password using the regular Elite workflow.
- For more information about SSO, please see Single Sign-on.
To add a user:
- Click on your name in the upper left corner and select System Admin to access the Admin console.
- Click person Users on the left.
- Click the + plus icon to open the Create User slider.
- In the slider:
- Type the user's name (required).
- Type the user's email address (required). Because this is used to log in, each user must have a unique email address. If the user's email already has an Elite account (often a corporate user who accesses multiple venues), you can use an email sub-address.
If you are using SSO, make sure this email address matches the user's email address in your identity provider.
- Add the user's phone number and title. This information, if added, can be pulled into event documents.
- If this user would prefer to have Elite display in a language other than the one your account is set to, you can set a language override for them.
Elite supports Chinese, English, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish at this time.
- If the user should be a System Admin, select the role in the System Roles field.
Insights Admin will be disabled. If you would like a user to have the Insights Admin role, please contact us.
- Click the Roles field to expand a list of all of your account's custom user roles. Select any roles that this user should have.
A user must have at least one role or a system role.
- If you are using SSO and this user is not in your identity provider directory and will not be added to it, check SSO Guest User. This checkbox will only appear if SSO is enabled and enforced.
- When your user's information is all entered, click Save and Add Another. When you have added all your users, click Cancel after saving to close the slider.
Once you have created a user's account, they are able to set a password and get started in Elite. While they can go directly to their log in page, you are also able to send them an activation email that gives them a handy link.
- Click person_outline Users.
- Click the user you need to send the activation email to.
- In the slider, click Send Activation Email. If this user is a new employee, be sure their email account is up and running before you send the activation email, or it will bounce. If this employee leaves the venue before they activate their account, be sure to click Deactivate.
If you are using SSO, you can still send your users the activation email. It will include a link to the VenueOps login page so they can get started.
- The Last Sent date and time are updated and a confirmation message appears.
- Your new user will receive an email shortly. They should click Finish Account Setup to be directed to the login page where they will be asked to set their password.
Users on SSO-enforced accounts will not need to set a password, instead they'll be logged in using their identity provider's credentials.
In your users list, users who have not activated their accounts yet are marked as Pending, and users whose accounts have been inactivated (and their access to VenueOps removed) are crossed out.