Insights is a powerful reporting engine which drives your venue's reports and dashboards in Momentus Elite. See our Insights Report and Dashboard Library for an introduction to what Insights can do. If your Insights Admin is familiar with SQL databases, Crystal Reports, or other database reporting software, you'll be able to build your own reports and dashboards as well.
- This article assumes that Insights has been enabled for your account. If it has not, please contact us.
- A document which describes the data dictionary of the Elite Insights MySQL database is available at Elite Insights. This is an external site with a left navigation which allows you to quickly click through and scan each view or stored procedure.
- You can view dashboards on mobile, but please note that they are not enhanced for mobile viewing.
Add the Insights Admin Role
The Insights Admin role must be added by our Client Success team — the sys admin on your account can contact us to have it added to the users they wish. There is no limit to the number of users who can have this role, but since this gives users access to edit reports/dashboards we recommend only giving it to key users on your account.
Access the Insights Admin Section
Having the Insights Admin role gives you access to the Insights Admin section. To access it, click the gear icon on either the reports page:
Or in the upper-right corner of the dashboards page:
You may also click your name in the upper-left corner and select Insights Admin.
Insights Admin Functionality
In the Insights Admin section you can see:
- How many times the report/dashboard has been run, when it was last run, and who ran it.
- When a report/dashboard was created and modified, and by whom. If the creator/modifier was System, that's the EB Client Success team.
Clicking the name of a report/dashboard allows you to:
- Preview: Preview the report/dashboard and export it to the format of your choosing
- Design: Edit the report/dashboard
- Edit Info: Edit the name or description of the report/dashboard, add a description, select viewers, or remove the report/dashboard. See Edit the Name, Description, and Viewers for a Report or Dashboard for detailed instructions.
You can also add notes to a report. They are visible to Insights Admins only.
You can also create a new report or dashboard by clicking the add plus at the top of the page. If you are interested in building your own reports or dashboards, please see our series on how to create your own report.