- Open the Create Exhibitor Invoice slider from the:
If the Create Invoice slider opens directly, that means the account only has the Client type. You will need to give it the Exhibitor type to be able to add an exhibitor invoice to it. For more information, please see the Edit Account Information article.
- Click Financials.
- Click the + add icon for Invoices.
If the account is both a client and exhibitor, you will need to select which kind of invoice you want to create. Click Create Exhibitor Invoice.
- On the slider, you can:
- Choose a billing contact. Only contacts belonging to the account will be listed.
- Enter a due date for the invoice.
- Add a purchase order number, if needed. If the account requires a purchase order, this field will be required (see Flag an Account as Requiring a Purchase Order Number for more information).
- Choose the correct exhibitor invoice template if your Elite account has more than one.
- Add a description (optional). This description can be pulled into your invoice template as well.
- Select the exhibition and charges that this invoice is for. If you opened the slider from the exhibitor slider, the exhibition will already be selected.
- Select an exhibition from the Exhibition dropdown.
- Once the exhibition has been selected, click Select Charges.
- On the Select Charges slider, select the charges you would like to include on this invoice. To make selecting certain charges easier, you may group them by date or department.
- Once you have selected all charges to be included on the invoice, click Save.
- If the account has any unallocated credits or payments, you can allocate them to this invoice.
- Click the edit pencil icon by Credits or Payments to open the Allocate Credits or Allocate Payments sliders, respectively.
- In the slider, you have a couple options for allocating the payment or credit:
- Type the amount you would like to allocate to the invoice.
- Click the blue arrow to allocate the payment/credit to the invoice. If the payment is more than the invoice balance, a menu will appear.
- Invoice Balance will allocate an amount from the payment that matches the remaining invoice balance.
- Remaining Payment will apply the unallocated amount of the payment to this invoice.
If the amount applied to the invoice is greater than the invoice balance, a warning warning icon will display on the Create Exhibitor Invoice slider. You will still be able to save and can then follow the workflow in the Refunds article to issue a refund.
When you are finished allocating, click Save.
- When all information for your invoice has been added, click Save.
- The invoice has been created. Once the document is generated, it is ready to send.
Permissions needed: Invoices Edit